Looking after your glasses
TIPS ON LOOKING AFTER YOUR GLASSES
- No matter where you go, always carry your prescription glasses (and/or sunglasses) in a case if you are not using them.
- Clean your glasses regularly with your lens cloth and lens cleaner.
- Use both hands to take your glasses off. Not only does it help retain their original shape, but you are less likely to accidentally drop your glasses when using two hands.
- Unless you prefer scratched lenses, never place them lens down on a surface.
- Keep an eye out on the screws that hold the frame together. If you find one is loose, tighten it gently with a small screwdriver.
Don’t forget that you can bring your glasses into us anytime. We will be more than happy to adjust them to make sure they fit you comfortably.
WHAT CAN GREENLANE PENROSE OPTOMETRIST DO?
A simple WOF is all that is required to straighten up the arms of your glasses if they have become loose. Before coming in, check to see if all the screws are secure.
We keep a range of nosepads in stock as we know these little parts are the first to deteriorate. A fresh pair will make your glasses look and feel like new again.
Additionally, two minutes in the Ultrasonic Cleaning Unit with our special concentrated cleaner does a great job of shaking out all the built up grime that is impossible to get to with your cleaning cloth. We’ll make your glasses really sparkle!
NEED MORE HELP? CHECK OUT OPTICA SPECTACLE CARE
Our all time favourite products for cleaning your glasses and sunglasses, the Optica family of lens cleaning sprays, microfibre cloths and pre-moistened wipes are extraordinary.
Need help repairing some frames or lenses? Curious about the Optica Lens Care products? Give us a ring (0)9 525 1516 so we can help you now.
Uncorrected refractive error and cataracts are the leading causes of avoidable blindness throughout the world, but not everyone in every country has equal access to eye care
The increase in mask-wearing is necessary for public health, but it can pose a problem for wearers of glasses. Here are some tips for doing so comfortably.
Cnr Great South Road & Rockfield Road, Greenlane 1051
09 525 1516
Mon to Fri: 9am – 5pm
Sat to Sun: Closed