Here at Greenlane Penrose Optometrist we recommend eye examinations every two years, for children or anyone with eye disease a 12 monthly visit may be required.
Regular eye examinations are essential for early detection of conditions which allows prompt treatment, preventing serious ocular problems.
At Greenlane Penrose Optometrist we’re dedicated to the continued visual health of all our clients, you can count on us for first class eye exams and individual treatment plans to improve and maintain ocular and general well being.
Your eye test may involve some or all of the following:
- Test to show how well you see and what strength lenses you might need.
- A check of how well your eyes work together, headaches and eyestrain can be caused by your eyes not working together as a team.
- A test of the health of the outside and the inside of your eyes to looks for signs of eye diseases, such as cataracts or macular degeneration. By looking at the inside of your eyes, we can often tell whether you have some general health problems, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- A check of the surface of your eyes, as problems there can make your eyes feel scratchy, dry, itchy and irritated at some times during the day. In many cases, we can prescribe drops and other treatments to help with these conditions.
- A check of the pressure of your eyes. Sometimes increased eye pressure can damage the very sensitive nerves inside the eye (glaucoma).
Driver Licence Testing
Just as your car needs regular checks, your eyes need examining to ensure that your vision meets the LTSA eyesight standards.
At Greenlane Penrose Optometrist we can do drivers licence visual screenings. You can make an appointment prior to applying for your drivers licence.
Read more about driver licence testing.